The Kiwanis Club of Te Awamutu
Convention Report '98
Six members and partners attended this years convention hosted by the
The Antarctic theme featured an educational and social evening at the
Antarctic centre (Friday) followed up by a 'Black & White Shuffle'
Dine & dance on Saturday evening. Partners were also well catered for,
sightseeing & shopping.
Congratulations to the Christchurch clubs for a well run conference - Roll
on Conference '99 in South Auckland.
- Keynote Speaker - Dr. Elizabeth Harding talking about 2 years
spent at Khunde Hospital in Nepal (built by Sir Ed. Hillary) -
dealing with the sherpa population - IDD its effects, education &
- Address by International Trustee & Treasurer (& future Kiwanis World
President) 'Bo' Schafer from Texas. His theme 'We got it made'
because we got too much 'stuff' (said with Texan Accent) was well
- A Series of informative workshops.
- Election of the new district team which features 2 Te Awamutu club
Merv Gyde - District Treasurer
Guy Probert - Division 2 Lt. Governor
- Address by incoming Governor Mike Boyd who spoke about his goals
for the coming year which featured - membership growth, expanding our
service to children & wrapping up the IDD campaign.
Kiwanis Club of Te Awamutu
6 September, 1998
Te Awamutu Kiwanis home page
/ NZSP 1997 district convention page
/ NZSP 1998 district convention page
/ NZSP 1999 district convention page
/ NZSP district home page
Page last updated by
(David Fentress) on 29 November, 2003.